ABE Online Resources Information
Mt. SAC Canvas
Mt. SAC Student Portal
How to Access Your Online Class
- Step 1: Claim Your Noncredit Student AccountOption 1: If you already know your Mt. SAC Username (different than your Noncredit App username)
IF YOU GET AN ERROR MESSAGE that says "error! The server encountered an internal error. Please contact administrator" you will have to call the Mt. SAC Helpdesk at (909) 274-4357 to have your password reset. Please only call the Helpdesk if you get this error, everyone else can get support by emailing email@example.com.Option 2: Using the Noncredit Student Account Claim (you don't need your username for this option)
- Go to the Mt. SAC Portal (inside.mtsac.edu)
- Click on “Forgot Password”
- Enter your user name
- Click on “Recover with Mail”
- A password reset email will be sent to your personal email on file. If it doesn't work, please use Option 2 below.
- Go to the Mt. SAC Noncredit Portal website
- Enter your Mt. SAC ID and click "submit" (You can find your ID # on your Mt. SAC ID card or registration printout)
- Answer all questions- You must select a noncredit course you have taken in order to claim your account. If you don’t know which to choose, see "Troubleshooting Tips" below or call (909) 274-4935.
- Write down your User Name and PIN for future reference
- Log into the Mt. SAC Portal - Click on the different links and tabs to discover all that your student account has to offer
- Update your contact information for emergency information alerts.
- If your class doesn't show up, look for BS LRN01, VOC FDB, BS LRN06, BS ASVB, BS ABE04, BS ABE02 or any BS HSE or BS HS class!
- If you get an "Authentication Error", open a new tab in your browser. Then type in www.mtsac.edu and click on "Portal Log-in" and type your user name and password.
- If you don't have or don't know your Social Security Number (SSN), type 0000 instead of a SSN.
In addition to Canvas & Zoom access, you can use the Portal to view information about Mt. SAC, find out about events on campus, update your contact and emergency information, pay or appeal parking citations, find links to Noncredit programs, get a free Mt. SAC email address (which can get you discounts on software and other products), and more!
Please note that your Portal login is NOT the same as your Noncredit Application login. You will have to reset your password even if you did the Noncredit Application.
- Step 2: Sign into Canvas
- Go to mtsac.instructure.com and log in
- You can also go through the Mt. SAC Portal and then click on the Canvas option in the header, but it’s a longer path
- Choose your course tile
- If your course isn't showing up, give us a call at (909) 274-4937 (Adult High School, GED/HiSET, High School Referral) or (909) 274-4935 (all other programs) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to mtsac.instructure.com and log in
- Step 1: Claim Your Noncredit Student Account
Troubleshooting & Tech Resources
Authentication Error Message
- Canvas and the Portal frequently give people an “Authentication Error” when they try to log in. Most of the time that means that the system is overloaded. You may need to try 5+ times sometimes for it to work.
- Make sure you are using mtsac.instructure.com.
- If it still doesn’t work, reset your password again. You can reach out to the SCE SOS Helpdesk (Zoom Tech) for assistance!
GED Ready Practice Test Registration
Students in the GED/HiSET Program are eligible for free GED.com Practice Tests. Do NOT pay for these tests, even if the website asks you to pay.
Here is a guide on how to register at GED.com.
- First, go to www.ged.com and create an account.
- When it asks if you are interested in taking GED classes, select "yes".
- Enter "91789" as your search area and select "Mt. San Antonio College".
- Then select "yes, share my scores with my selected center". This way we can give you access to the free Practice Tests.
- When it asks "tell us why you're here today", please choose "I'm just browsing".
- When it asks when you want to take your test, please choose "in six weeks".
- You're done! Once you complete your orientation/info session, we will unlock your first Practice Test.
- Microsoft Office
Laptop Loan Program
You may be eligible to borrow a laptop from Mt. SAC. You can request a laptop and/or hotspot here.
Noncredit Application Support
You can access the Noncredit Application at www.mtsac.edu/noncreditapp
- Need more help? SOS Helpdesk
- Authentication Error Message