Enroll NowThousands of students get their start at Mt. SAC every year. Take the path to your future career one step further by enrolling in our program. Apply Now
Questions?Contact: Robert BowenTitle: Department ChairContact: email@example.com
The Audio Arts degree provides students with conceptual, technical, and creative skills necessary for employment in audio-related positions in a variety of industries. These industries include, but are not limited to, music, film, TV, radio, animation, gaming, theater, event management, theme parks, commercial installations, and integrated systems. The program provides training in audio production, engineering, and business for recordings, live events, and multimedia.
Students who successfully complete the Associate's of Science program will be able to:
- Collaborate effectively in the development of high-quality audio productions.
- Lead and manage complex audio productions.
- Develop audio productions for a specified purpose in a variety of settings.
- Analyze and critique audio productions in their historical and cultural context.
- Analyze emerging technology and industry developments to make strategic decisions.
- Operate advanced audio systems in recording, live, and multimedia settings.
- Apply technical knowledge and skills to the development of high-quality audio productions.
- Apply creative audio techniques to the development of effective audio productions.
While the audio job market is competitive and position placement is in no way guaranteed, successful graduates will gain competitive skills necessary for pursuing entry-level employment as a (n):
- Producer or director
- Studio, mix, or live sound engineer
- Sound designer or arranger
- Sound editor
- Entertainer or performer
- Audio and video equipment technician
- Media and communication worker
- Communication equipment operator