Institutional Effectiveness Committee
Purpose & Function
Governance Committee - Reports to President's Advisory Council
The Institutional Effectiveness Committee is responsible for recommending processes related to institutional planning and assessment, evaluation, and coordinating activities leading to improvement of institutional effectiveness. The Committee is also responsible for monitoring college-wide compliance with ACCJC Standard I, "Mission, Academic Quality and institutional Effectiveness, and Integrity."
- Support ongoing connections between unit planning activities and institutional planning.
- Encourage the use and analysis of standard data reports needed to support effective planning and evaluation activities at the academic department level and provide guidance to non-academic departments.
- Recommend systematic mechanisms to evaluate the institution's progress toward meeting its goals.
- Conduct annual reviews of Planning for Institutional Effectiveness (PIE), the College
Strategic Plan, and other institutional plans in order to:
- assess the institution's unified progress toward its goals; and
- make recommendations regarding either the creation of new or the revision of existing College goals.
- Inform the campus about institutional effectiveness efforts.
- Plan annually for systematic documentation of institutional planning efforts.
- Evaluate the College's effectiveness in supporting academic quality and accomplishment of its mission.