Mapping and Catalog Committee
Academic Senate Committee - Reports to Curriculum & Instruction Council
The Mapping & Catalog Committee supports the District’s effort for providing an online and printed PDF version of the catalog which clearly articulates course sequences for students, identifies critical progress milestones for student success, and makes this information easily accessible. The committee will work collaboratively to address gaps related to navigation of Mt. SAC programs from entry to completion. The committee will review initiatives relating to program navigation, catalog rights, and related practices and support communication of these initiatives to faculty, staff, and students.
- Recommend the development and timely maintenance of program maps and program data to align program maps with curriculum
- Systematically review and recommend policies and procedures to support accurate, consistent, and timely mapping based on catalog schedule timeline.
- Review online and printed access to maps and College catalog, and recommend content that is relevant and appropriate for Mt. SAC student
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding functionality, and accessibility of the online catalog for use by all users.
- Recommend incorporation of relevant and accurate information on employment and further education opportunities targeted by each program map.
- Recommend communication of information to the campus community related to the purpose of this committee.
- Evaluate how students' progress through program maps and utilize the catalog and make recommendations related to the research.
- Address mapping related matters in collaboration with stakeholders.
|Dean of Instruction (Co-Chair)||Sylvia Ruano||Ongoing|
|GPS Mapping Coordinator||Stacie Nakamatsu||Ongoing|
|SCE Faculty Mapping Coordinator||Michael Ngo||Ongoing|
|GPS Instruction Coordinator||Michelle Nava||Ongoing|
|GPS Counseling Coordinator||Elmer Anzora Rodriguez||Ongoing|
|Articulation Officer||Jamaika Fowler||Ongoing|
|Noncredit Manager (appointed by the Provost, School of Continuing Education)||Jody Fernando||2020-24|
|Research & Institutional Effectiveness||Marcell Gilmore||Ongoing|
|Admissions & Records Evaluator (appointed by the Dean of Enrollment)||Becky Wang||2020-24|
|Curriculum Specialist II (or designee)||Lannibeth Calvillo||Ongoing|
|Noncredit Curriculum Specialist I||Lesley Cheng||Ongoing|
|Information Technology Representative||Matt Bidart||Ongoing|
|Associate Dean, Career Education||Dejah Swingle||Ongoing|
|Marketing Manager or Designee||John Lewallen||Ongoing|
|8 Faculty representing each division (appointed by the Academic Senate)|
|Humanities & Social Sciences Division||Vacant||2021-24|
|Kinesiology , Athletics & Dance Division||Robert Purcell||2020-23|
|Library & Learning Resources||Cristina Springfield||2021-23|
|Natural Sciences Division||Eugene Mahmoud||2021-24|
|School of Continuing Education||Lorena Velazquez||2020-23|
|Technology & Health Division||Vacant||2021-24|
|Student Representative (appointed by Associated Students)||Sargun Singh||2022-23|
|Student Representative (appointed by Associated Students)||Emily Rivera||2022-23|