Student Preparation, Equity & Achievement Council
The Student Preparation and Success Council meeting every 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. via Zoom. The Co-Chairs are Audrey Yamagata-Noji, Vice President of Student Services and the Vice President of the Academic Senate.
The Student Preparation, Equity, and Achievement Council exists to make recommendations to the Academic Senate that support racial justice, and lead to student equity, access, achievement, preparation and success based on stakeholder input, state policies affecting community colleges, and informed discussion.
The Council's functions are to:
- Recommend student equity, access, achievement, preparation, and success priorities for the college
- Research, review, develop, and recommend to the Academic Senate policies and procedures related to the Council’s purpose.
- Analyze and synthesize data and information to develop recommendations on policies to the campus decision-making process related to the Council’s purpose (Reference Title 5, section 53200 – that “standards or policies regarding student preparation and success” are “academic and professional matters”).
- Refer issues and concerns to committees for follow-up.
- Review and forward recommendations from the Assessment and Matriculation, Student Equity, Retention and Persistence, and Textbook and Instructional Materials committees and provide direction and feedback to the Academic Senate.
- Review and recommend Student Equity, Achievement Programs reports, standards, procedures, and policies including the development of standards, policies, and procedures related to SEAP budget planning and processes.
- Implement the Guided Pathways framework to support student equity, access, achievement,
preparation, and success.