Student Health Insurance
You Are Automatically Enrolled into Student Insurance Upon Registration!
F-1 students whose I-20 has been issued by Mt. San Antonio College are REQUIRED to have MAJOR MEDICAL Health COVERAGE (Offered through LewerMark Student Insurance) while attending Mt. San Antonio College. The cost is $625.26 per SIX Months. Those students beginning courses in Summer, the initial cost is $212.00. International students will automatically be enrolled into Student Insurance health plan. Upon course registration, an Insurance Fee of $625.26 will appear on your tuition billing statement.
THE CURRENT COVERAGE DATES/ COSTS
Fall/Winter: August 1, 2021 – January 31, 2022 (Cost = $625.26)
Spring/Summer: February 1, 2022 – July 31, 2022 (Cost = $625.26)
Summer: June 1, 2022 - July 31, 2022 (Cost = $212.00)
You Must Print Your Health ID Card
- Visit http://www.lewermark.com/
- Select Student Login in the upper right hand corner of your screen
- Username is your Mt. SAC student ID number except you replace A with a zero (example if your student ID is A01234567, change to 001234567)
- Password is your birthdate entered as MMDDYYYY (example 01012021)
- You will be asked to create a password, security question/answer, and provide an email address
- In the upper left hand corner you will see 3 lines stacked. Please click the three lines to view your ID card
- After viewing your Online ID Card, please save a copy on your phone by screenshot or sending yourself an email with your ID card as a PDF.
- If you run into any issues, you can use the chat option on the LewerMark website. A real staff member at LewerMark will be able to answer your questions or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to use the Mt. SAC Health Center and Your Health Insurance
There are several ways for you to seek medical attention as an F-1 student. Sometimes, you may need minor medical attention on-campus (such as needing a bandage for a small cut) or more urgent attention from a medical professional. For each medical circumstance, there is an appropriate way to seek medical attention that is more efficient and cost you zero or small out-of-pocket expenses. While on-campus, you may use the Mt. SAC Health Center for minor or less urgent matters. The Mt. SAC Health Center is available to all students enrolled in at least 1 credit course, which includes F-1 students. For more urgent matters, you may need a physician, specialist, urgent or emergency care, or mental health services. Mental health services are provided at Mt. SAC and off-campus through your LewerMark insurance plan.
Please refer to this Mt. SAC Medical Flow Chart to determine the best course of action for your medical needs. If you need further assistance, please contact the International Student Program (ISP) at F1visa@mtsac.edu or 909-274-4705. The ISP Virtual Front Desk is also available Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm.
Health Insurance Waiver Request
CAN I WAIVE OUT OF STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE?
Health Insurance Waiver Applications will be considered or granted only to those individuals
• Concurrently Enrolled (If your I-20 has been issued by another college but are taking courses at Mt. SAC),
• Foreign Government Sponsorship, or
• Special Extenuating Circumstances determined on a case-by-case basis.
HOW CAN I WAIVE OUT OF STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE?
STEP 1) Download & Complete the Health Insurance Waiver Application: HealthInsuranceWaiverForm.pdf
STEP 2) Attach a copy of:
(1) Summary of Health Benefits from your health insurance provider
(2) Insurance Card: including student name on policy and eligibility dates
(4) Proof of Government Sponsorship (if applicable) (5) If you are out of the country, please submit a current I-94
STEP 3) Submit the Health Insurance Waiver Application and supporting documents to the International Student Program located in Building 9B, or by email to F1Visa@mtsac.edu, Subject: INSURANCE.
STEP 4) Waiver Submission Date: Health Insurance Waivers must be received by the International Student Program no later than 7 business days after the start of the semester.