Audition and Scholarship Information
Choral Ensembles Audition Information
- The preliminary auditions for the Chamber Singers (where students demonstrate vocal range, sight singing skills, and pitch memory) generally take place in May for the following year.
- Call-back auditions for students to perform two songs in a quartet situation will be held on Some weeks later in June.
- All of the other choral groups are auditioned during the first week of classes in August.
- All students interested in Chamber Singer auditions must contact Professor Bruce Rogers
at (909) 274-4334 or at firstname.lastname@example.org at the beginning of May to set up a 15 minute audition time for the preliminary auditions.
Auditions for instrumental ensembles are held during the first week of classes each semester. Please attend the first rehearsal of the ensemble of choice and you will receive audition information at that time. Generally, the audition includes the following:
- A prepared piece (student's choice, which could be an excerpt from a large band or orchestral work, a solo, or an etude)
- Major scales (as many as possible)
- Sight reading
The instrumental program awards several scholarships to qualified incoming students
who commit to performing in instrumental groups. To be considered for a instrumental
music scholarship, contact Prof. Jeff Ellwood at email@example.com or Dr. Karen Marston at firstname.lastname@example.org for an audition time.